Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This is our joy-day unalloyed...


Okay, quickly before I run off to school, I just had to express how incredibly incredibly psyched I am for today...

OMG FINALLY!!!!! BY THE END OF TODAY WE'LL HAVE A NEW PRESIDENT!!!!!

I am so happy. You have no idea how happy I am. Seriously.
This will be one of the most amazing, important days in history! This is going to be the kind of moment that all my friends and I are going to remember exactly where we were and what we were doing and then brag to our grand-kids about it. "When our first african-american President was inaugurated, I was in school, doing absolutely nothing of any importance, because even though the ceremony was being projected onto a screen in the auditorium, my teachers were too stubborn to forgo one lesson plan in honor of the greatest moment in history."

Okay maybe I'll have to come up with a better story. Unless by some miracle one of my teachers decides to let us watch it. But just in case, I still do remember where I was when Obama became president elect: At a hotel where the local democratic headquarters had about six TVs placed throughout the room on different channels watching the returns come in (and then as soon as it was announced, we all shrieked and danced to various inspirational party songs like "Celebration" and "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow.")

But yes. Today will be an amazing day, whether I witness the inauguration or not.

Now, I do have exactly 2 Republican friends who will be probably be dressed in all black or something stupid, but if they try to bring me down today, well I AIN'T LETTING 'EM!!!

Happy Thank-God-George-Bush-Is-Finally-Leaving-And-Obama-Is-Becoming-Our-New-President Day!!!